Comptability with NAD c350

Hi. I'm just now putting together my first system. I'm going with a NAD c350 integrated and a NAD c521i CD player. My question is this--I listened to a pair of Cambridge Soundworks M80's recently and liked them. Do people out there feel that this would be a good match or are there other speakers I might try in the $250 (used) range?
tutordennis

Showing 2 responses by tutordennis

Thanks! Today I heard a set of Meadowlark Kestrels, and I'm in love. I can get a used pair for $550, and so I'm looking at the budget again!

Axiom m40ti's also seem interesting, but I haven't heard any or seen any used. They would probably fall to near $350 used.
Some family members have started giving me some decent components (an old NAD receiver, an unembarassing sony CD, and some others). This is going to let me take some time and replace things piecemeal rather than buying a system outright. In light of this I think I'll look at a NAD c541i CD player followed by a NAD c-370 and some goo interconnects before I think about speakers again. I'm thinking I'll go for Axioms--either the m40ti or m50ti, depending on the type of room I'll be putting them in. Thanks for the advice. I came to this site earlier this week knowing nothing about hi-fi (or even mid-fi). You all have helped me evaluate what I'm looking for and how to get it. I really can't thank the users here enough, especially the people who took time to email me personally.