Component cables for televsions. What are they?

I just picked up a rear projection television and was debating runing component cables. Are these just regular video cables or is it special type of cable? Thanks
If your DVD source has component outputs then go for this type of cable since it gives you the best possible colors. I own a new Sony RPTV and has it hooked to my DVD player using Monster Mseries component cables (three wires for Red, Blue, and Yellow).
Component signals are RGB through three different wires, exactly like a computer monitor. This offers the best quality. The cables to carry them are normal 75 Ohm video cables. Connectors can by BNC (the best) or combined with all other signals in a SCART plug.