Common

I recently bought three new Classic pressings, all 200g titles: Norah Jones; Diana Krall; and Tull's Aqualung. All were defective. In examining the vinyl I noticed a threadlike discoloration which was literally stitched into the vinyl. When the stylus runs over this, both channels distort rendering the passage unlistenable. Clearly, Classic is not using virgin vinyl and some form of foreign matter is being added. Dare I consider this might be the labels from old LPs recycled? Anyone else notice this or have similar experience?
128x128stew3859

Showing 2 responses by stew3859

...and its quite good, although I must say, the Kevin Gray/Steve Hoffman reissue of Yes' Fragile (Analouge Productions)which I bought at the same time, is completely off the charts. Heart of the Sunrise is spectacular.
I played "Heart of the Sunrise" today. I can categorically state that this re-issue is without a doubt the single most miraculous re-issue which I have ever heard. The kick drum literally sounds as if the walls of the speaker have been kicked. The air, placement of instruments and realism is spectacular. Chris Squire's bass is titanic. I would be curious to hear from someone who has compared the AP to the Japanese, because I cannot imagine anything could be better than this.