Comments on the McIntosh MA6900 integrated amp

I am looking for people who have had a chance to audition or own the McIntosh MA6900 integrated amp. The unit will be used with the McIntosh MCD 205 CD player and Sonus Faber Grqnd Piano speakers (older model). If you have any comments or experience with this amplifier, please post your comments. thanks...
hgeifman

Showing 2 responses by mrd

I have this amp and will treasure it always, driving big castle howard s3, it sound very relaxed, detailed and open with smooth highs and tight, fast deep bass. Like all top amps you need to be careful with cables in order to squeeze the very best from it. Basically i will not need to buy or upgrade to another amp I'm very happy with the big mac
Hi Jeff
really glad you like the sugden. Many many years ago i had the priveladge of owning a sugden amp it was an A48 mk2. I had for over 10 years. I noticed your comments that they are a little known company however they are one the oldest british manufacturers and have a long history of well regarded components, mainly amps. I used to live in Yorkshire quite near to thier premises. i bought the A48 not just because of how it sounded but because of sugdens superb reputation for aftersales (and because at the time i could not afford a qaud) after having the amp for approx 7 years i upgraded my cartrige to a MC and needed to change the phono board in the amp. I phoned sugden they asked me for the serial number, the guy went away to check his records and came back with all the build details of the amp including the retailer who sold it and my name. The connectors to upgrade the phono stage were dispached to me free of charge along with fitting instructions....I was very impressed. I will always have a soft spot for sugden and would love to hear the masterclass. I suppose one the reasons for not replacing my old and trusted A48 with another sugden was the need for a bit more power and tone controls....Now there's another discussion for another day.