Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
@schubert  -Greenland, with a population of only just over 56,000, and most of that contained in a few of the largest cities, you could immunize half of the population in a good solid 8 hour shift.
Texas has already administered nearly 1 Million does to date. That's over 17 times the entire population of Greenland. It's a matter of scale.
"Greenland, with a population of only just over 56,000, and most of that contained in a few of the largest cities, you could immunize half of the population in a good solid 8 hour shift."

I'm guessing you mean vaccinate rather than immunise.

The best case scenarios indicate 90% immunisation ( but only after the second dose in the recommended timescale).

No such figure is being offered for the worst case.

Anyway, how do people feel about the various Zenph re-recordings out there?

I feel that the 1955 Goldberg's by Gould were pretty good tonally. 

Very listenable indeed.