Classe CA100 - Static, Cut Outs when cold. Ideas?

So I recently purchased a Classe CA100 amp. I removed my old amp from a perfectly working system and installed the Classe. Upon first playing music I immediately noticed something was wrong. The channels were dropping out at random and the was static coming through. I assumed the amp was broken.

Then as I left the music playing while I tried to to figure out the problem it seemed like the symptoms were going away. After an hour the amp sounded okay. Then today, after remaining on all night I played some tracks at a high volume and it seems okay. So I turned it off while I'm at work and I'm going to see how it does from cold again.

Any ideas what would cause this? There is a B&W service center (parent company of Classe) 10 mins from my house. I may look to see how much it would cost to give it a once-over. How much do you think?

Thanks
miatame

Showing 3 responses by stereo5

Had the same problem with a Classe' CAP 150. Amp would cut off and on when cold, left it on all the time and had no problems. It went back to Classe twice for this problem and both times they said they repaired cold solder connections.
It’s a cold solder joint.  Classe quality went downhill after Glen Grue took over from David Reich at Classe.  Your best bet is to have a tech go over every soldered connection. 
@cleeds .............

I had the same exact problem with my Classe CAP 150, sent it back to Quebec twice, both times cold solder joints.  It happened a third time and brought it to a local tech who found at least 6 more bad solder joints.  Hence, have a local tech re-solder  everything.