Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires

@georgehifi 

I have the PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP x2 (monoblock) 96wpc in stereo and 190wpc mono driving 20.7's. using 16 KT150 total. Glorious sound with plenty of head room.

cheers

Very understandable, as your Maggie 2.7's like most Maggie's has a very benign 4ohm load that doesn't need that much current, just watts.
You should use the 4ohm tap for best control, penalty is you'll loose wattage compared to the 8ohm tap. 

Cheers George 
I'm using Devialet (Class A/D Hybrid) after many years of Krell, Pass Labs, BAT, Mark Levinson and McIntosh ownership, and I have no plans to go back to using legacy (Class A/B) amplifiers. The size, weight, efficiency, aesthetics and sound of the new technology is awesome. 
@georgehifi 

Yes I’ve been using the 4ohm tap and it sounds glorious. 

Cheers 
" This is all great discussion but doesn’t it come down to your ears, budget  and preference for the love of music."

Yes, bluesy41, it does all come down to what equipment enables one to most enjoy reproduced music in their rooms based on their ears and budget. 
     I think it's generally known and accepted that great sounding systems can be assembled using tube, class A and the best class AB amps.  But these amps are not only very expensive they are also very large, heavy, electrically inefficient and emit a lot of wasted energy in the form of heat.  However, nobody can accurately claim that they don't sound very good.
     An underlying theme of this thread has been the revolutionary and egalitarian nature of good class D amps.  More Individuals are now able to attain 'hi-end' sound quality at an affordable price.  The fact that these amps are relatively small, lightweight, electrically very efficient and emit little heat are all just additional benefits to the very good sound quality
    In the not very distant past when good class D amps didn't yet exist, those not able to afford the steep price of the best amps were limited to finding an affordable class AB amp they liked.   It still comes down to your ears and budget, class D has just expanded everyone's options. 

Tim