Class Action Suit against UPS?

How many of us are getting our Audio Equipment Destroyed by United Parcel Service. A brand new BAT amp claim was denied even though UPS lost it for two weeks. Although FEDX costs more, they take better care of Audio Equipment. Anyone having problems with UPS?
jcov
hi robba,

most people don't even know what levinson *is*, let alone whether or not one sounds better than the other. those who *do* know what it is, surely claim there's a difference between the two. those who don't think the difference merits the price - they don't get off on music-listening.

doug *doesn't get off on shipping* sedon ;~)

Speaking of Class action law suits....go check out the thread in HelloHifi shipping DHL and why? There ought to be class action law suit against this guy.
I'm actually suprised you have the balls to come in here and defend yourself, being the slime you are. This area is for members to discuss bafoons like you. While you're at it, you didn't tell the real history in your pathetic post above. Go check your records for [email protected] Then come back and post your response to my inquiry on the VTL preamp. Oh, yea now you remember don't you, you fuck! I am the guy that asked a couple of questions and blasted me for having a hotmail account and accused me of being a tire kicker. And when I told you that was kind of jerkey you proceeded to blast me with emails regarding what a looser I am. Oh you can't find those? Yeah, I'm making this all up and don't have anything better than to screw with you? Right! No, what my problem is, is guys like you that think they can screw everybody and get away with it. Well you no what, I'm not going to let you. Now go crawl back under the rock you came out from under and stay out the discussion. Oh you are afraid that others might see might point of view? To bad cause I'm going to be here for a long long long time. I promise.
Axomoxa - My opinions are what they are - opinions. My point in the Levinson - DHL analogy was that sometimes added quality does cost more. Although I'm quite aware that sometimes things that cost more are not necessarily of added quality. I do use UPS & Fed-Ex on various occaions. When I have an important package that must be somewhere, I use DHL. I have had problems (mostly delays) with UPS and Fed-Ex, I have never had a problem with DHL. That's my experience. It's also the experience of others that I do business with. I admit that this is all anecdotal evidence, but I really don't have the time, energy, or inclination, to conduct a scientific study on the reliability of various packaging services. For what it's worth, I tend to buy things in bricks and mortors, so my packaging experience has more to do with the business that I conduct than my own personal use. If you prefer to use UPS, I don't begrudge you that, just as I don't begrudge people who buy their stereos from Best Buy. I just ask that you show me the same courtesy.
Robba ~ You have my respect and apologies for my pointed post. I appear to be suffering from a pointed head this week. Further I am afraid that due to unrelated and unresolved issues with this site, the issues have influenced my behavior. I agree with everything you have said above and conduct my shipping in a similar matter. I was coming to the defense of UPS and Fedx because in all cases that I have used them recently the goods have arrived in fine condition and on time. I know folks have had troubles with these carriers regarding claims and I my main intention was that members think the transaction through and cover themselves. I want to see every member having good luck with the shipping of their gear, just as I am sure you do. I just think that the big carriers should not be disregarded as a completely acceptable, cost effective, convenient method for shipping a good majority of their goods. There are others on this site who would like you to believe that they have the answer. I am not entirely conviced they are being honest. I am leaving the forumn things to others who have a cooler head and more knowledge than myself. Happy listening and good wishes.