Chord Dave or Ayre QX5 Twenty DAC???

Down to two choices in DAC's, the Chord Dave or the Ayre QX-5 Twenty. Comes down to best sound or versatility and cost. Speakers are Wilson Audio Sasha's and amp is T+A 2500R. Love the versatility of the Ayre but the sound of the Chord Dave is phenomenal, not sure if the Ayre could compare. Not sure if the Chord would still sound as good without spending mass amounts on a power regenerator and power cable. 
musicfx
I can honestly say the N10 is the best server I've heard to date and that includes some of the mega computer based servers.  I have a buddy who is doing a shoot out of servers and has had everything from Boulder down in his room and said the N10 is easily the one to get.  

I have heard the Dave a few more times with the N10 and it just doesn't have the bass that the Ayre does.  It's got a beautiful mid range and the top end is nice too and never fatiguing.  I do like the Brinkmann better though as well as a few others.  Again, at this price point there are very good DAC's with different flavors.  I own an am about to sell the Chord Mojo.  I'm also into personal audio. I looked at getting the Hugo 2 and instead went with the Astell n Krell 380copper and amp.  

Probably just not my cup of tea, but obviously yours which is cool.  
Hi Musicfx, Are you still enjoying your MP3100? I recently purchased the PA3100/PS3100 , my DAC is the LIODAC2.0 (DHT). I would like to use the LUMIN AES output on the MP3100, but you mentioned that the PDP3000 is a better monster. Look to your comments
Hi czubero, 
the PDP3000 to me sounded slightly better than the MP 3100 for SACD & CD playback. Aside from slightly better CD playback, using it as a DAC, they both sounded similar to me.   I still prefer the MP 31000 and bought it instead. It is more versatile. Love it. The PDP did not work well with my Aurender A10. The MP 3100 works seamlessly with the Aurender. I sold the A10 and was going to upgrade to the Aurender N10 but Tidal sounds so good using only the MP3100 I do not think I will. My original goal was to have amazing sound from Tidal & I am very happy with the MP 3100HV in achieving this. 
I am currently debating on whether or not to change my PA 3000HV for the PA 3100 (& one day get the PS 3100) - or - buy demos of the HV separate amp and pre amp. How do you like your PA 3100? Do you think the PS 3100 makes much of a difference adding it? 

Musicfx, Thank you for your post and response. I could only compare the PA3100 with my previously owned Hegel H30. I noticed an improvement over the H30, Blacker background, better soundstage and more tube like sound emerge from the PA3100. It has helped to calm down a bit the tweeters of my Sopras. I also purchased the signal processor module which i set up to minimize the low medium bass emphasis on the Sopras. I have not notice any coloration or soundstage degradation in the sound when the signal processor module is connected.
I was also suprised in how good this Amp drive the Big sopras at medium/high volumes, extremely well controlled when compared to the H30.
Hi Musicfx, I double read your post and realized how much you like Tidal playback in the MP3100. Is Tidal playback better than CD playback in this MP3100?