Chinese Audio Shopping

I'm going to Beijing and Hong Kong in a couple of weeks and I was thinking of purchasing a high end turntable and accessories. A chinese company Opera makes high end turntables. Has anyone tried to buy high end audio products in Beijing? If so where? Will they work in the US (voltage, etc.)? Are they cheaper to purchase in Hong Kong? If so, where?

I'm looking at the Well Tempered Labs Amadeus or one of the Opera TTs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
hotgonzo111
It's difficult to believe that with all of the potential problems, i.e. customs, shipping, voltage conversions, warranty, etc. there is a significant amount of savings involved to make this exercise worthwhile.

IMO
"It's difficult to believe that with all of the potential problems, i.e. customs, shipping, voltage conversions, warranty, etc. there is a significant amount of savings involved to make this exercise worthwhile."

I agree with you, yet ironically, audio dealers manage to navigate all of these pesky hurdles and still turn a tidy profit.... I'm just saying.

Nothing wrong with cutting out the middleman IMO, but at the same time 'you pay your money, and you take your chances'
have fun!