Cheap amp $300 to use with Vandersteen 2ces

Currently, the Vandersteens are being powered by a Rotel RB-956AX in bridged mode for 150w/c. I am selling the center channel and so will be going to 2 channel only.

I have been told that Rotel in general is not a good match for Vandersteens. What other manufactures would you recommend that would match well with the Vandersteens? Now that I only need two channels, I would assume going to a dedicated 2 channel amp would be better than a 6 channel amp bridged to 3.
taylormade2

Showing 4 responses by taylormade2

From the responses and the search I have done with the McCormack/Vandersteen combo, I think I'll try the DNA 0.5.

In addition and in reply to Pragmatist, it's not that the Rotel doesn't sound ok with the Vandersteens, but I'm sure for not much money, a good 2 channel amp is going to be better than the bridged Rotel I'm using now.

My main system is Naim Audio so I know there's always something better out there for upgrading. The sale of the Vandersteen center channel and the Rotel 6 channel amp makes the upgrade fairly painless. :)
Thanks for the info Ls6454. What would you say that the difference were between the Parasound and the McCormack?