CD player in the $2,500 to $5,000 range

I sold my old system (Bryston, MG 3.6r, Oracle Delphi, Parasound CD player) and have been working on putting together a simpler and smaller system. With advice from others on Audiogon, I bought a lovely pair of Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors, and a Cary SLI-80 Signature. Now I need to pick a CD player.

I listen to primarily piano music, opera, and chamber music (plus a smattering of jazz, from time-to-time). I don't give a darn about the "hi-fi experience." Grain free, no fatigue, timber accuracy, is what I value.

I'm thinking:

Ayre CX-7e
Meridian G08
AR CD3
Marantz SA 11s1

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MMC
msmcelwee

Showing 2 responses by 711smilin

APL 3910 for a stretch, or a Modwright DVP 9000ES with the BON MOD. Yes, I own both, and have owned over 35 sources in the past 2 years. These are my personnal favorite.
Dan,
You are right, John Tucker and Exemplar are no slouch, in fact he does Fabulous mods. And for 1700, the 2900 is an absolute bargain. I have been thru so many digital sources over the past 2 years, I have personnaly decided what I want most....as stated above. BTW, Glad you love the 2900....and just to let you know, he is modding the 5910, which is suppose to be unfrkinbelievable. I just do not feel, for the $$$$, anything could match the APL. Except of course, my next APL modded Esoteric UX-01. heh heh heh...but, this one is well over 10k