cd player and integrated amplifier for the B&W 9NT

Hi.

I have a pair of the B&W CDM 9NT's. My mainly listening music is all sort of Jazz. My room size is W17'xL20'xH8'. I am going to upgrade my integrated amplifier and cd player. The candidates for integrated amplifier are the Arcam A85 and the Rotel RA-1070(in no particular order). Those for cd player are the Arcam 82T and the Rotel RCD-1070(in no particular order). The Classe CAP-101 can't be got here. Which are more suitable to my situation?

Cheers.
hdk7379c353

Showing 1 response by sunnyboy1956

My B&W 9NTs and Arcam FMJ CD23 have been faithful companions over the past three plus years while other components of the system have come and gone.I started with an all Arcam combo of an antegrated FMJ A22(discontinued and replaced by the highly acclaimed A32) and a A P25 power amp.IMHO it never had quite the juice to drive the 9NTs.In the relentless quest to upgrade and in search of sonic nirvana, a Bryston 4BST AND BP25 replaced the Arcams.In turn the BP25 was replaced by a ARC LS2B.The combo of a tube pre and a ss power amp gives the best of both worlds.More recently, the ARC LS 2B made way for a SP 16 while the Bryston 4BST was replaced with a Bryston 14 BST.
My two bits worth:the B&Ws require real juice.The 9NTs handle the 600WPC of the 14 BST with aplomb and grace.I don't think that Rotel gear is quite in that class.The 9NTs are superb though highly underrated speakers.
Hope you find this of some use.
Happy listening.
Sunnyboy