CD or DVD player to use as a transport

Worried about the life of the Onkyo C-7030 CD player I'm currently using as a transport.  Looking for another CD player (or DVD player) that has coax and optical output that I can use as a CD transport.  Looking for reliability.  
bpoletti

Showing 1 response by bob540

I have debated whether to replace my 25+ year old Pioneer PD-M702 CD changer.  I know the consensus here is that it is junk, but it sounds good to me and still works.  The other consideration is that I have a Bluesound Vault 2i and have loaded all my CDs onto that for playback and don’t use the CD changer very much now.  

If I were to replace the Pioneer, I have been looking at Audiolab CDT6000, which is a transport, so I would still need to get a DAC to use with it.  I’ve seen the CDT6000 for sale for $500;  then add the price of the DAC and I’m up close to $1,000.  I just don’t know if the expense is worthwhile for something I might not play much.  

I suppose if I was in OP’s position, I might opt for an inexpensive player that already has the built-in DAC.  I don’t recall if the Cambridge is a player or transport, and that would be good to know before he makes his decision.