Cd direct to power amp

I have a Wadia 830 cd player, currently connected to a Krell integrated and Aerial Acoustic 6bs. I am thinking about connecting directly to a power amp, and would like to know thoughts and experiences. I am considering Bryston, Classe and Krell. I know I can bypass the Krell preamp, but at this time, I only have balanced interconnects and the amp part of the krell integrated only accepts rca. I would appreciate hearing your experiences and suggestions. Thanks,blbloom
blbloom

Showing 1 response by jlh996

After some years, I jumped back into audio about one year ago. Bought a Sony XA20-ES with variable outputs and went directly into an ARC D-76A driving Magnepan 1.6's. The sound was too bright ie harsh for my tastes. Sounded electronic! Next I found an ARC LS-1 and when using this linestage things seemed MUCH better. Following the threads on Audiogon, I began to wonder how much an outboard DAC would improve my sound. After much reading I decided to go to Van Alstine and ordered their Omega IV DAC. I inserted this into my system and truthfully I wasn't very impressed. I called Van Alstine and they advised me to eliminate the LS-1 which was easy because my power amp has a volume control for each channel. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! What I experienced was nothing like my original system without the LS-1. For the first time I was hearing the most accurate, dynamic and simply the most magical audio I had ever experienced. This is where I intend to stay with my sound. I just enjoy the music.