Carver ZR-1600 amplifier

My musician son left a Carver ZR-1600 amplifier behind when he moved to Nashville.  Looking around the internet I've seen these amplifiers modified to include RCA inputs.   Before I pop the top, and get to soldering, I'd like to give the amplifier a listen.  But for now, can I use (Amazon sourced) a pair of Monoprice XLR Male to RCA Male Cables?  
I see RCA inputs in the photo.

Its a pro-sound amp and has only XLR inputs.  
No need to solder new RCA jacks. Just use the XLR - RCA adaptors. As the French chef says "No diffawrance!".
To answer your question, although a bit late..........YES, adapters are common in use. Enjoy !