Capital Audio Fest 2016

Just got back.   Did not see a thread for this yet so here it is.  

For me  lots of very good sound this year.    The best as a whole I have heard.   Very few disappointments.   Some old favorites enjoyed once again and a few new finds.   Will report more when I get a chance to digest it all a bit.  

I'm of course very interested to hear about what others thought and may have discovered?

128x128mapman

Showing 1 response by vrao81

I’ll throw in my impressions:

Tidal Diacera G2 and Bricasti - One of my favorites at the show, the finish is absolutely beautiful and must be seen to be believed! The Agorias playing in the next room sounded even better!

Kef Muon - Stunning to look at but I didn’t care for the sound - too analytical

Legacy Aeris with Raven Amps - Surprised no one mentioned these yet, they offer terrific value with deep powerful bass, sweet highs, clean midrange and a high level of detail.

Joseph Audio Pulsars with LKV electronics - Very sweet monitor with a nice rich sound

Gershman/VAC - As stated earlier they are sweet sounding but a bit dark. Perhaps too much warmth coming from a combination of the speakers, tube amps, and vinyl.

Daedalus - Didn’t care for these that much (Athena V2). Sound musical, but pricy, and competition is stiff at this price.

Alta Audio - Best bargains at the show IMHO. The smaller Rhea is a bargain at $4.5K and the Lelantos is even better. Nice detail, good bass, clean, sweet highs thanks to the ribbon tweeter.

Zu Definition - Didn’t like these at all. Sounded quite colored to me - midrange was ’off’.

Spendor SP100R2 - Nice warm sound, but the bass was a bit boomy to me and price for the overall system was quite high, $97K