cambridge 840c as transport

HI,currently using cambridge 840cdp,sounds decent,but just purchased a KORA,hermes Dac and dont'want to spend on adedicated transport,anyone has experience the 840cdp as a transport?
juancgenao
YES I HAVE COMPARED THE 840 WITH A BEL CANTO CD1 AND AUDIO RESEARCH CD3 MK2 THE CAMBRIDGE WAS 85% OF THE AUDIO RESEARCH AND 90% OF THE BEL CANTO WHICH IS TO SAY IT DOES A VERY GOOD JOB AS A TRANSPORT. I must also tell you that I am a CAMBRIDGE AUDIO DEALER.
Dennis
p.s. I sold the audio research player (because I use a custom built D.A.C.) and retained the BEL CANTO and rotate a 840 through the system for demo purpose.
The only way to find out is to try it. When used as a dac you can program upsampling etc..
I discuss the benefits of using the 840C as a transport in my review on Dagogo.com

Excellent results were achieved using a high quality digital cable and the Monarchy M24 tube pre/DAC. I would suspect that you might enjoy the 840C as a transport and that you would need to spend quite a bit to better it significantly.

It is likely you would enjoy the balanced outputs to the single ended, however I discuss the unusual option of trying some digital ICs with the single ended output. This can yield some extremely satisfying results, in effect yielding a very tube-like presentation. Of course, which digital cables are used may effect dramatically the outcome. See article for full explanation.
thaks,guys,cant'wait for my Kora Hermes to arrive,cant you please recomend me a specific digital cable I should try,instead of brousing thru diferent cables? your info would be greatly apreciated,thanks,best regards;
See my reviews on Magnan, MIT, Tara Labs, Jena Labs and Wire World lines. These brands tend to have a consistent sound - "house sound" - between their ICs, speaker cables and digital cables. Glancing at the reviews, you may find one that seems to be what you're looking for.