Burning in my Sony DVP-S9000ES -- best approach

Just bought a brand new Sony DVP-S9000ES at J&R (great new price -- $899), but will not be ready to move into my new apartment where it will live for a few weeks. Given comments from people on this board, I think I should take that time to burn this in. Question -- how do I do that? Do I simply plug it into the wall in a corner somewhere and have it play a cd on infinite repeat for days and days? Does it matter what cd? Does it need to be hooked to an amp or can it just run on its own? Does the same apply (separately) for SACD? Tips on how to take advantage of my several week window to properly break this puppy in would be much appreciated. Thanks
gheon

Showing 1 response by albertporter

I totally agree with Bmpnyc, including his suggestions for isolation.

One guy in my audio group broke from the rest of us with this player. He choose Symposium Roller Blocks over my selection of Mod Squad Soft Shoes. Couldn't hurt to experiment with yours to see what makes it sing.

As for break in, the content of the music is probably not worth an argument. I myself try to play a mix of material, shifting from heavy rock to classical to soft Jazz and even dynamic movie sound tracks to insure the components are bathed in a wide variety of sounds.

Good luck with your player, I use the same model in my own system. It is a great value, with stunning DVD capability, and great sound from the SACD section.