Burn In on Aurender N100H

I just acquired an Aurender N100H.  It replaces a Sonos Connect modified by Wyrd4Sound.  After installation, I noticed a very "digital" sound and a lot more noise than I'd been familiar with while listening to the modded Connect.  The modded Connect was connected to my Schiit Audio Gumby via Digital Coax.  Aurender can only connect via USB.
How long do I need to burn this in to get a sense of the quality of the Aurender?  I have a 60-day return policy and if this unit doesn't improve exponentially it is going back.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone with a similar experience and how things worked out.
Also, any advice on the best USB cable for the connection between the Aurender and Gumby?
Thanks
128x128pg62

Showing 1 response by nycjlee

The N100h is an excellent streamer, been enjoying mine for over a year.  I recenly replaced an AQ coffee USB cable with the Statement cable from http://audiosensibility.com/blog/products-2/digital-cables-occ-copper-and-occ-silver/
Very nice cable, it didn't change the sound signature and just boosted the details and clarity.  Similar to curious, they separate the power and data.  The data is sent through the silver occ conductors and the power is sent through the occ cooper conductors.  If you haven't had a chance to use occ cooper/silver cables, they are a big step up from your normal OFC based cables.  I also changed out the power cable with an occ power cable from audio sensibility and they was a nice change as well.  I agree with the comments that the n100h is sensitive to cable changes but find the right ones and you will be rewarded.