Brother, can you spare some time for HT advice?

Hi. I've been a two-channel guy for years but am exploring an HT setup and could use some help. I'm thinking about a Samsung LCD TV (LNT 4671 or 5271), a Panasonic dmp-BD30 Blu-ray player and either an Onkyo TX-SR705 or the Denon AVR-988 receiver. I've also heard good things about the KEF KHT3005 surround speakers. Ideally, the receiver would have multi-room functionality so we could run a pair of speakers to an adjoining patio.

The gear would be placed in a 15x18 foot family room that's open to a kitchen about the same size, with hardwood flooring throughout. (I know, not an ideal configuration, but it's where we spend most of our time). We're about to start a remodel of both rooms that will allow us to hide cables and keep things nice and neat, but will also leave us running lean for a long while, so we're looking for gear with the most bang for the buck. Any opinions of the equipment I'm considering, or suggestions on better choices?

Thanks.
newsman

Showing 1 response by cruz123

I have a very similar set up. I have the Samsung 4661, Panny BD30 and Onkyo 805 (see my HT system). I'm very happy with the set up. I'm not familiar with the Denon you reference, but if you go that route, make sure it will decode advanced audio since the Panny will not decode internally. The Onkyo 705 will work great.