Brimar vs Mullard cv4003/12AU7

Has anyone heard these two NOS tubes pitted directly against each other.  The virtues of the Mullard are well documented; certain sellers (cough, Upscale) praise the merits of the Brimar to the heavens, and they *are* considerably less expensive.  Thoughts?
128x128twoleftears
I’ve used both as input tube and drivers in my power amp. I very much like the combination.
The Brimar has warmth with more depth and more extension at both ends. Tight bass. Mullard has the warmth but is more refined, realistic with soft highs. A Mullard in the right circuit can sound holographic.
I no longer use my trusty NOS Mullards (new amp, different tubes) but for me the best thing by far about those tubes was the flash at start-up. Sure, they sounded great, but it's that flash…oh yeah…uh huh...
I purchased my Brimars from Upscale after trading emails with them to get a thorough description of their sonics. They came in original NOS boxes with plastic pin protectors and are well built tubes.
There are at least 4 different types of Mullards with a different sonic signature, the cv4003 is the ruggedized version. Sweet, liquid mids like the Brimar, both have boxplates.
A Mullard in the right circuit can sound holographic.
Hello, Mullard Man here.  No comparison, (in the right circuit).  The Mullards are hard to beat.