Bose 901 Series ii

I own a set of Bose 901s with the equalizer.  I have them paired to a Carver pm700 200wpc amp, and am using a Harmon Kardon 630 for the pre-amp and tuner?  Any suggestions for something that might put out a little better sound and not break the bank?  And yes I know, no highs not lows must be Bose.
mdschmi

Showing 1 response by billstevenson

The first step is to figure out what you like rather than reacting to what someone else likes.  In this thread, for example, someone suggested DCM Time Windows.  A speaker more unlike Bose 901s would be hard to find.  You might hate them.  Find out for yourself what you like.  You need to get out and listen to some things.  Decide for yourself.  Set a budget and stay disciplined about staying within it.  What good would it do to find the speak of your dreams if it costs 10x what you can comfortably afford?  I would focus of speakers to start with.  Your electronics will work with just about anything and the sound differences are minor for electronics compared to speakers.  Another thing, you might find out that you like your 901s better than the alternatives that you can afford.  In spite of what you may read here, Bose 901s are very good speakers and do some things that are unique.  My best speakers cost $20K and are phenomenal, among the best, but I still very much enjoy listening to a properly set up 901 system.  And if you have the space for it, a double 901 setup can be a lot of fun.