Bluesound Node 2i , Azur 851n or ...

I’m building a streaming system to compliment my Ascend Sierra 2 speakers and Odyssey Kismet in Khartago amplifier. 

Bluesound Node 2i ? Used Cambridge Azur 851n ? Used Sony Hap-z1es ? Others?

I would like to control the system using an iPhone or iPad and don’t want to use a computer. 

I’m looking most especially for ultimate SQ (MQA? DSD? Etc.) via Tidal, Deezer and Apple Music and/or hard drive (but not having to use a separate computer). 

I think that I may eventually add an external dac such as PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC etc. 

I will also probably eventually add a tube preamp such as Odyssey Candela etc. and probably also (rather soon) add a subwoofer by Rythmik etc. 

Would a connection via AirPlay 2 and Ethernet be my best option and if so, is there a easy way to use a second router and / or modem so that I don’t have to run a twenty foot run of Ethernet chord? 

Finally, I have listed similar posts in the past but still don’t know exactly which way to go regarding this , so , please no roasting me! Ha 

thanks!!! 
bacchus1234

Showing 1 response by williewonka

I've owned the Node 2 for 3 years and treated it to really good cables (i.e. power and IC's) and it performs extremely well - so well in fact, that I have stopped looking for ways to improve on it - perhaps I'm not a true audiophile?

I use the Ethernet port because my Wifi setup (i.e. the router) has a problem with 24/196 files

I was so impressed I also bought the Powernode 2 and the Pulse Mini.

Regards - Steve