Bluesound Node 2 vs. Auralic Aries Mini

Anyone have experience with both the Bluesound and the Auralic? Specifically, the user apps and their capabilities. I'm thinking about replacing my Squeezebox Touch to gain some newer technologies that allow higher bit rates and improved WiFi technology. My main concern is the WiFi and management capabilities, not the DAC as I'll use the digital out to drive an external DAC. I just want something that cleanly moves files from my PC library of primarily Apple Lossless ripped music and plays internet radio. I'd also like to be able to dabble with hi-rez formats, although I haven't taken much of a plunge there, yet. Streaming is not a big deal for me, but if the abilities are there that's no loss.

So, seems to me that the Node 2 and Aries Mini would both fit the bill. So it probably comes down to a matter of user experience with the control apps. Appreciate any thoughts!
Ag insider logo xs@2xdogmcd

Showing 4 responses by tomic601

Stereo Haven another full line dealer announces it 10/18/2017....
my guess is ???????
full line dealer Advanced Audio in Tacoma....selling out of them and the associated linear supply...
not the only place I have heard this but owning one, I am glad they are continuing it !!!!!!
starting to wonder if you really are a red blooded capitalist if you dont celebrate and embrace chasing diminishing returns....ha

I have both a gen 1 Powernode and an Aries Mini but with the linear supply....and have heard Node gen 1 and Mini with a Lampizator DAC in brother in laws system. I think it is close and pick app you like better. W Mini being discontinued there are some deals out there but who knows how long Auralic will support it.

as for the resolving power of your system I really dont see why you think that is a value judgement downer against you or anyone....but hey we all have our viewpoints