Blown Threshold S/300 Stasis II

I over drove it tonight and it went quiet without warning.The on/off light works.
I was really pushing it but I heard no distortion or clipping.I've never played it this loud,but I feel I still had head room.
Im using a re-built Dynaco ST-70 on top.
The Dyna seems fine.
The Threshold has a breaker for a on/off switch but I didnt notice if it had tripped.
One thing I did notice,is the left channel heat sinks were considerably warmer (not hot) than the right channel heat sinks.
Anyway,the amp is dead quiet.
Could it be the breaker/on/off switch 'burned' and a simple replacement may cure the problem?
Or am I in trouble?
Thank you for any advice.
dave

david99

Showing 3 responses by unsound

Hi David,
Sorry to hear of your dilemna. Did you check the fuse(s)? Is the Dyna ST-70 a tube unit? If so, maybe there was some DC leakage. I don't know first hand, but, I've heard that the Thresholds can be sensitive about that sort of thing. Best of luck sorting it out. Do you have a back up amp?
I can only use my Threshold S500/II as a reference here, and while I have sincere respect for David99's opinon, I don't hear "grainy", perhaps a bit hard, but my Threshold could only be described as smooth. I would go as far as to say, very smooth.
David99, your right to point out the mods. I bought the Threshold gear with the mods so I can't say how much effect they had on the original sound. I do believe the modifications are fairly minor.