Bladelius-Thor mk3/Leema-Tucana 2/Norma IPA-140?

Currently have a Valve Audio Predator which has exceeded my expectations but eventually want to seek a more refined amplifier. Three "relatively" affordable European made integrated amps have garnered my interest. They all have excellent build/parts quality in addition to positive reviews. I have not heard any of these amps but did have a short demo with the first generation Leema Pulse and was impressed with its PRAT and openness despite having such a modest power rating. I can only assume the Tucana 2 is much superior. I know speaker synergy will determine which amp is best(for me) but would appreciate any comments/opinions from anyone has heard these integrated amps.
dayglow

Showing 6 responses by dayglow

Trainleader-Thx for your input. What speakers are you using? Do you detect any treble grain, which some claim was a flaw in the previous Thor mk2 version? Look forward to your reply.
Georgelofi-Thx for the response. What I was looking for was feedback from owners/dealers or anyone that has had a proper demo with these amps to describe the +/- of these amps. With my current speakers(Focus Audio FS8) the Leema Tucana 2(based on reviews) IMO would be best. The caveat is I plan on upgrading my speakers but I have not narrowed it down to 1 or 2 speakers yet, but currently leaning towards the ATC-SCM40v2.
Maybe I am overly optimistic but I doubt Bladelius or Norma are hiding a poor design. From my research all 3 amps are near SOTA for integrated amps. Norma claims there amps are designed to drive difficult speaker loads(ML-MBL-Magnepan). The Bladelius Thor mk3 has a 1800va toroidal transformer which should have the ability to handle a 2ohm dip in speaker impedance. My concern would be noise from such a large transformer. Both the Tucana 2 and the IPA-140 are true dual mono amps. This is all based from reviews but Norma is closest to tubes(3D) where the Bladelius is SS(detail) with the Leema its strength being PRAT.
Speakers in consideration with best matching amp(based on reviews)
ATC-SCM 40v2-Tucana 2
Elac-FS407-IPA-140
Focus Audio-FP88se-Tucana 2
Geithain ME150-IPA-140
KEF-205/2-Tucana 2
Marten-Django XL-Thor mk3
Martin Logan-Montis-IPA-140
Spendor-SP100R2-Thor mk3
I would like to add another Euro integrated amplifier to the mix, the Gamut DI 150. My research has found that the DI 150's only weakness "could" be it's overly analytical and presents a 1st row type of soundstage. Since the Gamut has been produced for nearly a decade have any updates been made during it's production run? I would appreciate comments from anyone that has owned the DI 150 or has had a serious demo.
Thx in advance.
Sonicbeauty thx for the response. The Norma first caught my attention due to the build quality and being a true dual-mono design. My only caveat was it's not a true balanced design. In a review the designer claimed the XLR inputs were just there for show and does not recommend using them due to compromised sound quality. I assume this is not an issue for you? Do you think the preamp section is on par with amplifier? Finally what is the strongest attribute of the Norma? Thx in advance for taking your time to reply.