Bias adjustment for Jadis DA5

I would be very grateful, if someone could explain me how to check and adjust the bias setting on my Jadis DA5 with 6550 tubes (also plan to test the KT-88).

Thanks in advance,
Jorge
spidir1
get into www.audionirvana.com, look for audio gallery on the left column. get nearly at the end of the page and you will find a very nice foto showing the place to adjust. note there is only one point to adjust the four valves at the same time.
regards
Could anyone give me a procedure to ajust the bias of the tubes (KT90 / 12AX7EH) of my JOR amplifier.
I called Jadis, and they asked me to bring them the machine, but its 1000Kms from my place. And the audio people I met in Paris said to me "do it yourself".

I know you helped a guy (mares-mares) 6 years ago, but I didn't find the pictures that could help me.

Thank you for any help

Jacques
Weissenb, are you comfortable with working with high voltages? The JOR is 450+V, certainly a more than dangerous level. If you don't have experience with this, you should have a local tech handle it for you.

You need to take the amplifier apart, removing the side and bottom plates. The most difficult part in the exercise is reassembling the JOR. Personally, I believe if you're going to bias the amplifier yourself, while you have the bottom plate off, expand on the vent holes to allow access to the bias potentiometer and plate resistors involved in the procedure, and convert this into an easy process.

The bias potentiometers will be obvious to you. The plate resistors involved in the procedure are 5.62Ohm, and connect the anode/plate (pin 3)of the output tubes to the output transformers. I apologize, but off-hand, I forget if it's the yellow or orange wire; just confirm the resistor value, and you know you're dealing with the right one. While measuring the voltage across this resistor, adjust its respective potentiometer to the factory recommendation 90 - 120 mV (ideally 110 mV). Personally, I would give it a listen at 150 mV, still an incredibly conservative rating (yeah, yeah, I know - WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE, WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!), and you'll hear much sonic improvement.

You can also read this thread http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1336583789&openfrom&15&4#15