BHK 300 vs Luxman m900u vs Mola Mola Kaluga

Looking for insight on sound comparisons between these three amps.  Had and liked the BHK’s, but returned them due to ongoing QA issues.  I’m concerned about the bass capability of the Luxman, and about class D sound from the Kaluga.  Have heard neither, and can’t get a demo.  Linn Akurate DSM/3 fed by nas for front end; Monitor Audio PL300ii speakers.
lldd

Showing 2 responses by yyzsantabarbara

For Class D have you considered Bruno's more recently venture with Purifi?  The review on Soundstage today said the NAD 298 is not as good as Bruno's prototype. There will be other manufacturers coming out with Purifi based amps that match Bruno's prototype. Bruno is no longer with Mola Mola. The Mola Mola Kaluga is now rather old tech.

I have heard the Luxman and it is a great amp. A very lush and detailed amp. I loved it and I tend to like more neutral gear. I have also heard the Kaluga at a show but never wanted to buy it after that show listen. When I heard the Luxman m900/c9000 I heard it on stand mount that did not need huge amount of power and I was extremely impressed. 

At one time I was consider the Linn Select DSM with Space Optimization to be paired with a Luxman m900u. It was a very nice sounding DAC.