Best used transport for CD, SACD, DVDA

Fellow listeners,
I am looking to upgrade my digital source from an Arcam CD37. I'd like to experience SACD and DVDA, and am not yet ready to move to a server and digitize my complete library of CDs. The Arcam unit is a good one, but I haven't done a lot of comparative listening, so I don't know from experience.
If you have experience with the player but have acquired a new unit to handle SACDs, or otherwise useful info, I'd like to hear from you. I see a lot of units on sale here, but I don't really want to spend over $1000 for a piece of hardware that will be obsolete in my environment soon enough.

Thx
Chuck
128x128cmjones

Showing 1 response by tom6897

#1 If you like the unit, it sounds good and it works it will never be obsolete. Just because newer tech comes out that does not justify discarding pieces you have owned that bring you pleasure. This site is full of items that were bought to "replace" a presumably inferior item. Don't buy into that idea.

I have owned and enjoyed the ARCAM DV-139 Universal player and the Marantz SA 8001 SACD player. I thought both were very well engineered and the sound was excellent as well. They both have good reputations and have been well reviewed.
Good luck in your choice.