Best Used Speaker for Around $5000??

Any recommendations on speakers in the $4500-$6000 (used a'gon prices) if I upgrade my totem hawk speakers?? Keep in mind I have a fairly small room (16x10) and would want to stay with fairly efficient speakers due to Pass XA-30.5 is RATED for 30 watts but delivers WAY more than that. I don't want speakers that are too big and require a amp upgrade. The hawks are 6 Ohm and 86db

My system:

Pass Labs XA-30.5 amp
Pass Labs X0.2 preamp
Esoteric XO3-SE cd player
BPT 3.5 Ultra Sig. power conditioner
Totem Hawk speakers
AudioPath custom IC's and speaker cable
Shunyaa Python CX power cords
roor

Showing 1 response by karelfd

Since you mention used A'gon prices as a reference: absolutely do have a look at a pair of demo Gemme Audio Katana on offer on the 'Gon for $ 5.2k (from $ 12k) with full warranty and trade-in programme.
Just over 1 meter high, this is a stunningly looking 8ohm two way floorstander delivering a fabulous performance. Superb timing, deep bass (as opposed to big or fat), absolutely coherent and truly able to stir emotion. And, imho one of a small and very select group of producers who know how to obtain the virtues of ceramic drivers whilst avoiding the notorious disadvantages (together with You-Know-Who if you read my postings ;^)), far better than some big names. Sensitivity is comparable with your present speakers (85-86 db).
To be sure, I have no connection whatsoever with the guys offering these gems (cheap pun intended, I confess).