Best used Solid State Amp $1500.00

I HAD MY HEART SET ON AN ALEPH-3 BUT STUFF I"VE READ ABOUT IT ESPECIALLY THE POOR BASS HAS ME SPOOKED.THE STEREOPHILE REVIEW GOT ME HOOKED ON THEM 3 YEARS AGO.I HAVE A REGA 25, GRADO PLATINUM CART.ROGUE 99 WITH PHONO, HT PRO-SILWAYS,STOCK ST-70 TARA PHASE-2 PARADIGM STUDIO-80s I LISTEN TO MOSTLY CLASSIC ROCK,HEAVY METAL,MODERN ROCK AND SOME POP.I WANT TO GO SOLID STATE AND LET THE ROGUE BE MY TUBES.ANY SUGGESTIONS?
david99

Showing 1 response by boozerbob

Go with Bryston if you want airiness and detail and a good bottom end. I have (2) Bryston 3B-ST's running bridged. This configuration gives me 400WPC into 8 ohms. The 250 WPC 4B-ST can be found used for about $1500. This amp has a 20-year parts and labor warranty. I also have owned the Cinepro 1K2SE. This amp absolutely kicks ass for rock. You can find Cinepro amps used for about 1K and they have enormous amounts of power. Also, try their website (www.cinepro.com) and sometimes they offer demo deals. This amp may be one of the better amps on the market for the money if you really want to kick.