Best used or new DAC under $3500

What would be the best DAC for under $3500, new or used? I currently use the Chord Dave and I LOVE it. However, I'm looking to downgrade to save some dough. Some reference points:

1) Yggdrasil:  Sold it as the staging was too narrow/flat and it seemed a little lifeless
2) Ayre QB-9 DSD: Feel its a bit too bright/tizzy - at this point I'm done trying Sabre DACs.

Can anyone recommend a DAC that is not a mainstream sabre chip based DAC? I dont mind it if its an older generation or vintage DAC either - Just something I can get for under $3500. I don't want a discussion to defend Sabre DACs please.

Thanks!

jozurr
Yo, Zoophaugus,

What's the BEST DAC under $3500 Hmmm?

It's the Schiit Yggdrasil.  Why attack those who share that opinion?
Why not just promote the one you like instead?

The poster's problem is he doesn't like the (known good) DACs he has tried in his system.  I think the issue is with one or more of his other components and not the DAC at all.
Of course, if I don’t like the Yggy or Ayre, the problem is with my system and not that I've heard better DACs. I’ve enjoyed the Dave, and the PS Audio DirectStream much more than the Yggy and the QBD-9 DSD (Yes I know they’re expensive too). I was more curious about alternatives in that price range.
Hi jozurr,
+1 your comments. Continue to trust what "you" hear,  just because someone raves about a certain DAC/component doesn’t mean you’ll have the same result or opinion regarding it. As this thread is demonstrating there are many excellent options available for consideration. The Yiggy or Ayre may very well appeal to other listeners yet fail to impress you. There’s nothing unusual about that at all. Again just trust your own ears and judgement.
Charles
You owe it to yourself to look into the Mytek Manhattan series one used(around 3k). Feature set, build quality and sound are competitive with units much more expensive. It would not be out of place in a very high end system. I don’t own one but have had much exposure to it. The company has a few bugs but the product is special.