Best used floorstanding / full range around $1000

I have a dilemma, or two:
First, which has a better value, a pair of speaker monitors with good stands, or floorstanders of a similar price? And, to extend on that, what are some recommended floorstanders around $1000 *USED*?

Now, I realize these questions have been asked a million times, and the answers are indeed subjective. However, I looked and can't find anything pertaining to this price range. I am looking for your opinion, so please if you have to reply with "listen to them yourself", don't bother. If you have something interesting to say, thanks in advance!

Here's some details on what I have right now:
I have a pair of Monitor Audio GR10's, and looking to buy speaker stands in the range of $150-300; something sturdy and stylish, but not overly expensive. I'm looking along the lines of Sanus steel series and if I could find it, some old Osiris or Target stands. Then it hit me. Instead of nice stands, perhaps it would make more sense to invest in an extra midbass driver, in other words a floorstander? I bought the GR10 here on Audiogon for about $700, and I have seen GR20's go for as low as $1100 on here and on Ebay. What are my other options? There has to be some good value used floorstanders for $1000 used, more or less (maybe $2500-3000, new, old model, etc.). Those of you who think I should just go for the stands, please state your reasons, too.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
rakuennow

Showing 1 response by mealone

Check out the Revel F12's, great speaker and you can get them for about 700.00 or 800.00.....