Best used dac under $2000

I am new to the world of dac's. so forgive me if I sound foolish.
It would need to have an optical digital out to pass the digital signal through to a room correction unit associated with the speakers. If sound is of question, I favor a less analytical sound and more liquid and detailed.

Thank you in advance

jrud

Showing 1 response by treyhoss

Hi JRUD, I would like to make a suggestion to you that I hope you find worthwhile. As you can see by the postings above, people are very opinionated about their audio gear AND their politics. I would just like to say that I am happy we live in a part of the world where we can BUY such gear AND have an opinion that we are free to express - be it politics or audio. I doubt we would have either in Iraq, N. Korea, etc. Now, my suggestion would be to purchase a DAC that is reliable and where there is a dealer closeby (just incase you need a repair) - this also gives you a chance to listen/audition. THEN, get yourself a good dejitter/upsampler to put between the transport and DAC (assuming you don't want to also spend big $$$ on a transport). I would suggest an Audio Alchemy DTI-PRO32 (which I own) or a Genesis Digital Lens. There are other upsamplers out there but the ones above will provide you more of that "liquid and detailed" sound you seem to be looking for. One man's opinion and glad to have the opportunity to share it! Cheers, Tony