Best turntable under $2000

I have been thinking about Rega Planar 6 with a cartridge (1995$). Are there any other models that are as good or better, that I should look out for under this budget? 
I currently have a Rega P2. The sound is good but I don't get a very good separation of vocals and instruments and also the detailing is not as resolving as I would like it to be.

Thanks.
neo_the_one
@neo_the_one "I currently have a Rega P2. The sound is good but I don't get a very good separation of vocals and instruments and also the detailing is not as resolving as I would like it to be."

While I liked the VPI Classic enough to buy one, in your case, you should definitely audition before going that route.  It will provide more heft and liquidity, but I feel the Planar 6 better addresses  complaints you raise.  The previous RP6 didn't strike me as good value, as it was mostly a hot rodded RP3.  The one differentiates itself enough to warrant the moniker, and I think also justifieds its worth
 Your areas of dissatisfaction with your Rega P2 turntable suggest to me that you would be happier with a direct drive turntable. The faults that you cite in respect of the Rega are possibly due to speed inaccuracy that is endemic with belt drive turntables, like the rega, and like the VPI turntables. What happens as you spend more money is hopefully that this problem Is more and more successfully addressed with more expensive belt drive turntables. However, I think you might like the sound of direct drive turntables, and there are some that you could purchase for less money. There are many VPI adherents contributing to this thread, and they are likely to disagree with my sentiments. They are entitled to their opinions. And certainly VPI is a step up from rega in the lower cost and midprice category.
I have been extremely pleased with my Clearaudio Concept Wood MC. You should be able to get one used for under $2K. I have it paired to an iPhono II phono preamp. Pretty amazing sound for the money. 
To respond to the preference for VPI, I have a VPI Aries 2 and it is a great table and with a Lyra Delos outclasses any sub $2000 turntable. But, as I recall, I paid close to $4000 for that table with JMW 10.5 arm. I also previously owned an original VPI Traveler, but IMO the 1200GR sounds superior to the Traveler. It is a superb deck for $1700 and my audio/music listening friends agree.