best sub- 1000 Transport, new or used

I am putting together my 'final' audio system for a long while, and am looking for some recommendations on the best sounding CD-only transport for the system.

The DAC/preamp will be an EAD Signature Theatermaster, the amplification EAD PM 1000, and the speakers are Hales Design Group Concept 3. I have an EAD Theatervision P DVD player, but I suspect the CD performance is not up to the performance of a CD-only transport.

Any thoughts on a well-built CD transport that will match this system well?

---Michael
mjm6

Showing 1 response by supakit

I used to have an EAD Signature + EAD T-7000 combo for music listening. This is the best transport+DAC combo I ever had. After selling T-7000, I've tried Krell CD Player, Audio Research CDT-1 transport but they didn't sound as good as T-7000 did. I didn't mean that krell and ARC products are not good, but I mean they didn't match well with my EAD Signature. That's the point.

I believe EAD-TVP would be a good match to your Signature. For example, TVP Coaxial digital out is set to be 75 Ohms which exactly match with Digital In of Signature. And I believe there are many other system matching that I didn't know between EAD products.

In case you really want to get CD transport, be sure to compare with EAD TVP before selling it as I'm still kicking myself for selling T-7000 until now.

Supakit S.