Best speakers in the 3000 -5000 range

I'm thinking of upgrading my speakers and would any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated. My current setup is Hegel h-100 amp,Hegel cdp2a cd player with transparent audio super mm2 cables and b&b n804 speakers.

Thanks
will11201

Showing 2 responses by rsimms

I think we would need more info to tell what would be best for you. What is the size of the room? What kind of music will you want to listen to? Is the wife's opinion a significant factor? How large a speaker can you use? Where do you live and will you be able to travel to review?

Without the above info we are each just telling you our favorites from our own perspective.

Bob
A similar speaker to your n804 that is a lot higher quality is the Salk HT2-TL. It is a clean sounding speaker as opposed to a warm speaker. It will capture the excitement of the performance better than just about any other comparable speaker. It has a fantastic midrange for the voice. The transmission line bass is deeper and cleaner. Not as wooly or boomy a bass as your B&W. The highs are chrystal clear with one of the best tweeters on the planet. You probably would have to contact Jim Salk to find an owner near you that you can review. I wouldn't buy any speaker without a personal review.

Bob

Bob