Best speaker under 5k MSRP.

I'm looking for some input here on a new pair of mains. My musical taste varies widely from jazz to folk to classical and rock. I'd like higher effeciency speakers, so my amp money can go to better quality, less power . Magnetic sheilding is also a consideration, as all audio and video equipment is in the same room. It's not a necessity, but it is a plus. I also seem to prefer a soft dome tweeter. Speakers I've listened too and liked were: Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home, Vienna Acoustics Beethoven's and Audio Physic Tempo III's. Of these I liked the Audio Physic the best, although the GP Home is the only one of these that's shielded. I've read about speakers like Silverline Sonatina's or Corona II's, but have no local dealers. I've also read good things about the Soliloquy 6.3's (these are sheilded). All of these speakers are above 90 db effeciency and less than $5K. Any other recommended ones that I'm overlooking? Can anyone who has heard the Silverline speakers or the Soliloquy's compare them to the ones that I've heard. As of now I'm leaning towards the Tempo III's, even though they aren't shielded. I'd be interested in hearing any comments from someone who has listened to the AP Tempo III's and the Soliloquy 6.3's.
Thanks for reading,
John
128x128jmcgrogan2

Showing 1 response by steve440

Without a doubt, Vandersteen 3A Signatures. The above mentioned speakers are all good in several areas; however, the 3A Sigantures excell in all areas and are extremely musical. Go listen to a pair on good electronics and you'll discover what happy Vandersteen owners have known for years.

Regards!