Best speaker choice under $1000?

I'm looking to audition some new speakers, either floorstanding or bookshelf. I listen to mostly pop, dance, r&b, little hip hop.

I prefer a speaker with excellent sound stage, transparency and detail. Which speakers should I consider auditioning? (They will be paired with a Marantz receiver).
bello

Showing 2 responses by audiozen

Best bang for the buck on the market?..The Swans Diva 6.2 full range three way speaker. Just under fifty inches high and sixteen inches deep. Weighs 77 pounds. Swans is currently the largest speaker manufacturer in China. But don't let that fool you. Swans Speaker company was originally off the New England coast on Swans Island. Founded by speaker engineer Frank Hale. Frank sold his company to the Hi-Vi Corporation in China, who are the largest manufacturer of speaker drivers in Asia. All their drivers are custom designed in house and some of the European speaker companies buy their drivers from Hi-Vi. Frank is the chief design engineer for Hi-Vi and resides in California. Hi-Vi/Swans currently has the largest anechoic chamber in Asia. Audio Insider currently is selling the 6.2's online at a discount at $ 400.00 off the regular price. You can pick a pair up for $ 929.00. They ship from California. Real wood cabinets made from bentwood. Their is no better three way full range speaker for the price of the Swans anywhere on planet earth.
Audio Insider dropped the price again over the week end on the Swans Diva 6.2's down to
$ 899.00 a pair.