Best solution to send digital files to my DAC

Hi All,
I’m a novice when it comes to digital audio, so:
I have a very good DAC feeding into a good preamp. I have many digitized CDs and hi-rez files stored on my computer, but I would rather transfer them to a better audio device.  What is the best device(s) on which to store all my digital music and send it to my DAC. I don’t care about connectivity with any other devices; I just want to know what’s the best thing to use. Is it a streamer? A server? What’s the difference? What is the simplest way to get the best possible quality from a storage device to my DAC?
Thanks in advance.
Rustler
Ag insider logo xs@2xrustler

Showing 1 response by oldschool1948

+1 on the Innuos Zen MK3.

For about 15 years, I used a Netgear ReadyNAS and Logitech Media Server for playing music files and streaming.  That solution worked well for me.  A couple of years ago, I migrated to a Synology NAS and stayed with LMS.  That solution worked even better.  

This year, I moved to Roon and haven’t looked back.  I now use an Innuos Zenith MKII CD ripper/network media server connected to a Mytek Liberty DAC.  SQ is great.  It’s a bit pricey.

I’ve never heard a Node 2, but there are a lot of folks on agon that give it very high marks.