Best room treatment

Good day everyone.  While I’m waiting for my system to arrive I’m turning my attention to treating our not so good 2 story family room that it will be installed in. There are quite a few brands out there. My question is can anyone who has tried the various  brands recommend the ones that work the best for absorption and diffusion. Thank you
ronboco
Hello ronboco,

I agree with everything erik_squires advised in his most recent post on this thread with the exception of totally treating your room first.  He is a very knowledgeable audio enthusiast, however, he importantly lacks any  personal experience with the use of the 4-sub swarm DBA concept. 
      He is absolutely correct in recommending room treatments for improved midrange, treble and stereo imaging performance but does not realize that bass room treatments are not necessary for optimum 4-sub DBA performance.  The advice I offered to you on my last post, which was based on my personal 4-sub DBA knowledge and experience, was given with the understanding that bass room treatments may be beneficial in improving your system and room's midrange, treble and stereo imaging performance but that they're definitely not required to improve your system and room's bass performance. 
      My advice plan for your room is to get the bass sounding right first and then to optimize the midrange, treble and stereo imaging performance at your designated listening seat, which will definitely benefit from the deployment of strategically positioned room treatment panels for the absorption and diffusion of midrange and treble frequency sound waves and may even benefit from the deployment of strategically positioned room treatment panels and traps for the absorption of bass frequency sound waves.  
     My main reasoning is that all room treatments should be determined and deployed as a final step, after your subs, seating and main speakers have been optimally positioned in your room.  I believe delaying all room treatments to this latter stage enables any professional room analysis to be more accurate and it'll allow you to more easily determine the effectiveness of any room treatments deployed.
     I realize now that I should've included these details in my last post but, at that time, I thought this topic could be explained and discussed a bit later on. 

Later,
Tim

Do all of the above and then add plants, lots of bushy green trees and stuff that will make perfect diffusers and have high WAF.

It's also helpful for WAF to at least attempt to involve your significant other in the process.  Sharing a hobby is usually more efficient, amicable and gratifying.  It also typically reduces the number of cast iron frying pan strikes to your cranium. 

Tim