Best Power Cord for a Classe CA 2300

....without getting into all of this and all of that about power cords......opinions on the best power cord for this amp ! Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you
garebear

Showing 1 response by mcondon

What happened to the "old" Audiogon, where moderators censored these boards to make sure everyone was fairly cordial? Audiogon is now giving Audioasylum and Head-Fi a run for the money...

In any case, my recommendation is to demo some power cords either from manufacturers who offer generous return privileges or from the Cable Company, where you will get charged a nominal fee (5% of the retail price) to try out as many of the well-known brands as you want until you find a good match. The salespeople also may have some words of wisdom about power cords others use with Classe amps, since they do keep a database of what components customers own and also have a pretty good idea of what cords are flying off the shelves and what cords are constantly being returned unloved.

I personally would audition power cords from Mojo Audio, Triode Wire Labs, and Fusion Audio. The Mojo Audio cords have great dynamics and frequency extension, the Triode Wire Labs cords impart a bit of mid-range warmth, and the Fusion Audio cords have warmth, good bass, and big sticker prices. In any case, all three companies will let you demo their cords for at least 30 days and accept returns with no questions asked. (Mojo offers a 45-day trial).