Best option for Amp upgrade...

I have a McCormack DNA 500 that I like.  I'm considering spending about $4k to have it modded by Steve McCormack (SMC).  Alternatively, I could sell the DNA 500 for about $3k and have $7k to spend on a used (or new) solid state amp.  I'm inviting opinions on which would give me the best bang for the buck.  I'm hoping to achieve greater resolution and detail.  Bass control is not an issue!  Here is the rest of my system:

Pre-amp - CJ ET3-SE
Speakers - Rockport Mira II with REL G2 sub
Source - Aurender A10
Cabling - Transparent Ultra MM2 speaker, Gen 5 Super interconnects, Reference power cords (mostly) 

If you suggest a new amp, I'd be interested in your recommendations.  Thanks!

shoff
Modding is like asking wife to put on make up. Changing equipment is like getting another girl friend. The latter is always preferred ;)
Post removed 
If you could find a pair of Parasound JC1’s at at your price point, I would think that would give you better sound and more power (current). Not to mention it is designed by a legend in the field. BTW I have the A21 stereo amp and liked it better than the McCormack DNA 125 it replaced.
Pass X250.8,  Parasound JC1,  modded McCormack - all great amps, just a matter of personal preference...a friend has a SMC modded DNA 225 that is awesome...