Best fuses for under $50?

I need six of them for a power amp therefore I need something more economical...  say $50 or less. Any suggestions?

robertsong
Well, I've had the PADIS fuses in my Marantz SACD player now for two days and they're staying put. I experienced the same thing with them as with the HiFi Tuning fuses: tried them one way and ended up reversing them for better sound. 

They exhibited the same tendency as the HiFi fuses when in the wrong direction: recessed highs, a soundstage with the speakers as the limit line, lack of air and extension up high, etc. They bettered the HiFi fuses though in sounding better when in the wrong way but once I reversed them, I got similar results as with the HiFi fuses in the way of improvements. 

What the PADIS has over the HiFi fuses is better control of the lows, wonderful vocals, masses strings, acoustic and electric guitars, and anything with tone. The HiFi fuses have what I'd describe as a bright or heightened leading edge on everything that wasn't apparent until I put in the PADIS fuses. Both are actually fine with me since if I never touched the HiFi fuses, I'd be still happy with them. They are engaging. 

Another way to put it is to say that the HiFi fuses have a more digital rendering while the PADIS sound more analogue (when I first heard them the image of a phonograph came to mind). As for the OP's question on how they'd perform in an amp, I can't say right now as I'm letting them break in until I hear no more improvement and then I'll try a PADIS and a SR20 fuse in my integrated. 

For about $23 apiece, there's no real downside to this folks. They arrived from Germany in 4 days and they are a bargain for those who don't want to shell out what SR fuses are going for. 

All the best,
Nonoise
@nonoise - let us know how things are after 200 hours. lol.  rhodium can play tricks on you and it will change several times during break-in.
Well, I can't wait for the 200 hour mark so I'll deal with what I'm hearing up to  hour 45.

Everything was great until around 18-20 hrs in and the highs receded and everything else took on a most mid-fi of expression.😫 I seriously considered taking the PADIS fuses out and put the HiFi Silver Stars back in. 

Put the 'ol SACD player on repeat for the night and 9 hours later all was very well indeed. Around hour 36 I got the most expansive soundstage yet. There is now a wealth, if not surfeit of musical info coming at me.

@auxinput informed that it would go through some ups and downs and he was right. He also said how revealing it can make of things upstream. I'd like to add that they are ruthlessly revealing of recordings as well. There's no where the music can hide now. Everything is ferreted out yet nothing draws undue attention to itself.

There's also not a hint or trace of "digital" in the presentation. No grate, bite or hash: very clean yet natural sounding (to the point of actual neutrality?). It can be warm, detailed, bombastic, expressive, nuanced, etc. all at the same time. Very easy to listen to. It's amazing how when the music is out of balance (leading edge here, bass up there, mid range in your face) that other aspects of music takes a big step back and you don't notice it until balance is restored.

I've yet to put one in my integrated and will still wait a bit for that. If you have any fuse that's in the signal path (like my SACD player or a speaker like a Maggie) then you owe yourself to try this PADIS fuse. I haven't heard the SR Red or Black fuses and am going to compare the SR 20 with the PADIS (in the integrated) when I get a chance.

Again, for about $25 apiece, these fuses are the bee's knees. 🐝

All the best,
Nonoise
@nonoise - what components do you have in your audio chain?  What fuses are in each component?