Best Bike to ride before a good listening session

Ellsworth Truth, of course
truthrider
I'll go with my 2003 LeMond Victoire, all-titanium road bike. It accelerates quickly and rides smoothly over rough pavement.

I like titanium for bikes because it's light, doesn't corrode, and offers long life. I almost bought a carbon fiber bike, but I've seen too many of them break or otherwise come unglued. That said, in my audio system I prefer the properties of carbon fiber. :)
I prefer the "old school". A vintage pre-Piaggio Bianchi Superleggera with Columbus tubing, hand-carved lugs and dropouts, and the beautiful old Campy Super Record gruppo. On silk tubulars, of course. What a ride!
Truthrider- love your rig. Been through many full suspension rigs- jamis dakar, khs, GT LTS, I-Drive, rode my buddy's Turner and a newer Foes too (all CC big hit bikes, not the overweight downhill ones. Rode a demo seven in tahoe last summer and I liked it an awful lot too. But my fave was my old Outland VPP5. A great monster truck bike at 26.5lbs. But I broke it after two years and they went out of business. Guess I need to go Santa Cruz to get the VPP technology now. My buddy got a Truth when they first came out. What a cool bike it was (and still is). Climbs like a goat and decends like a freak. God was that about 10 years ago? More? Crikey! Anyways, to get back to the topic, any ball buster to wear you out before a listening session, whether road or dirt is cool. Keep on riding (and listening of course!)
Brian
Y'all can keep your effete road bikes... Rides smoothly over rough pavement? He he. How about over a 6' drop onto gnarled tree roots? Me, I'll second the Truth! A sub-25 lb. bike with almost 5" of front and rear travel, climbs like you are cheating and swallows drops like a dream. : )

I'll be strapping mine to the car in about an hour for a run through the Catoctin Yellow Trail out here. Now, if the damn pilot would only stop running out of gas on the uphills...
I ride a SantaCruz Superlight. 24.4 pounds built. Quick and nimble full suspension. I'm going riding right now.