Best amps for MBL101e's?

I took the plunge and bought 101e's and restarting the upgrade bug. These speakers are not very efficient and in a large room. I have the EMM labs combo, and probably am going to buy the 6010d preamp that I am demoing right now (great phono section, has the ability to match levels for 4 different output channels). My bias in the past has been tubes (MC2000, VT100mkII)...any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris
128x128mount_rose_music

Showing 6 responses by dev

If you really want to hear what the MBL's can do get your self a pair of VAC Statement 450 mono blocks, match made in heaven.

P.S. have owned numerous mentioned above, Burmester - MBL 9011's - CAT JL3 Sig MK2's along with others.
07-01-15: Malcolmmonfort

A match made in heaven if your view of heaven is heavily compressed and dead. Of course heaven is for the dead so you may have a point there.

Have you ever owned a pair of MBL 101E speakers?
Have you ever owned a pair of Vac Statement 450 mono amps?

Your answer will be no because you are just babbling and have no clue, your reply clearly demonstrates such.
Malcolmmonfort,

I'm not angry - I'm challenging you because you are just a bs'er and why when confronted you like to dance around the simple questions asked - reasons for this are because your posting above are not true.

Anyone reading these posts can clearly see you are full of hot air!!!!!
moderators either are slow or won't post my response so I'll try again.

It just can't drive the mbls with any degree of conviction.

not true! - you obviously have never owned either the MBL's or a pair of the Vac's - otherwise you would not be making such nonsense statements or you just can't hear :)

I got a chance to listen to this combination over the course of several hours and really had enough after a few minutes.

Really! I don't believe you - what did the system consist of and where did you hear it - I believe you are just pushing those keys and blowing hot air.

Did you actually hear my system - nope so please your comments are useless.

Moreover, I had an email exchange with someone who had the good fortune to audition your system both with the CAT and VAC. He said the mbls sounded "amazing" with the CAT and "dull and boring" with the VAC. He also noted that "David seemed unaware of the sonic compromises he had made with the VAC in his system but it seemed to make him happy and in the end that is what really matters."

You are so full of bs - only a few heard the CAT's and none of those individuals heard that VAC's and it was years apart - total BS. Say who is the person that you are making reference too.

You are just swatting at the air with your nonsense remarks and have nothing to base it on.

Unless you have exactly ALL the same gear and with cables and same room then and only at that time would you be able to make a proper comparison.

I get tired of reading the bs guys like you write, just push those keys and are clueless - go back to listening to your old focal's please. I see you have made friends on other forums too with your nonsense postings also.
Malcolmmonfort, anyone can describe the look of my space - dah! that's just too simple, there are numerous pics on the net for years now showing such which you likely even looked at and described from so again you are just blowing smoke.

You still have not answered my questions - why?

1. who is the mystery person you keep referring too because it's BS.

2. It's easy for anyone to say they heard this or that, again you appear not to want to answer my question of where you heard the VAC's and MBL's and what the system consisted of.

I just don't believe you so proof yourself or move on with your nonsense.