Belt Drive Turntable around $500

Hello Everyone,

My Denon DP-47F turntable has finally given out and I am going to purchase a belt drive turntable. I want to use my current Shure V-15 Type V cartridge as it is only a few years old and still sounds great to me.

I am looking for suggestions on a table with tonearm in the $500 range, used or new. There is a new Pro-ject table coming out next week for $500 that I am considering.

I would appriciate your suggestions.

Thanks!
Steve
sdzink

Showing 1 response by analoganimal555

This is a problem for a lot of people. I am sure you have checked out and found what you get for $1000.00 in a new table. It stinks..all plastic made to specs that even a D.J would be embarrassed to use. I have a Yamaha PF1000 in natural wood (walnut) with Ortofon om-20 cartridge for sale. Beutifull condition. Dust cover has some very light scratches... hardly noticable. I have been asking $600.00 but would consider $500.00 just to move it out of here to a new home. I am currently using a Music Hall MMF9.1 with a Denon Dl302. I have a total of $2200.00 invested in my Music Hall. Do the math on that one. The Yamaha's sound is very close to my Music Hall. Let me know if you are interested. Have a great week.

Michael Walters