Belles 350a or Mccormack DNA -1 Deluxe?

I've narrowed my SS amplifier search between these two. After reading the reviews, they both seem to have all the attributes that I am looking for. They will be driving a pair of B&W CDM 7 NT's with a CJ PV-7 at the front end. Any opinions either way? Any experiences that you can share would be greatly helpful.
Thanks
skipper320

Showing 1 response by labtec

I'm having a DNA 125 modified right now by Steve.

I also own a monoblock .5 and a stereo .5 that have Rev A platinum mods.

I have used other amps in my 20+ years, but his are a no brainer. Once you buy one, you can have it for life because he constantly comes up with new mods/upgrades/etc as technology allows.

I don't care what's in these "new" $20k amps being sold. They aren't going to have better parts than what you get via his upgrades. Plus, you can tailor the amp upgrade to your exact budget.

You also never have to worry about where to get it serviced or if XYZ repair shop knows what they are doing. You can send it to the designer himself.

I thought my Rev A platinums were the best SS amp I've heard, but those were done over 7 years ago. My new one is supposed to be even better than that.

As good as Belles or any other brand may be in stock form, you're not going to be able to get this upside.

The only time I wouldn't recommend a McCormack amp is if your system needs the tube coloration/flavor.

Also, they will drive almost any speaker well, so the most important thing is to focus on your source component mating. I would avoid any cheap sources because one thing I notice over the years is just how big a difference the source makes when you have a truly neutral and transparent amp.

It's an extremely liquid, dynamic, and practically flawless amp with a good source. If you try to throw in sources with cheap op-amps or other inferior designs, then you will hear exactly what is flawed upstream.