Behringer Ultracurve Pro DEQ2496

I am curious about this Behringer ultracurve, a bit intimidated by the user manual tough, and a bit interrogatively careful about the new noise that this new gear will introduce in the noise floor, but perhaps the pay-off would be the fun to play... I would put it between my computer and my dac...I will certainly buy one someday...If someone has experience with this and a dac I will listen to him... My best to all...
128x128mahgister

Showing 2 responses by asvjerry

Yes, I'm running them in the analog domain....but they're so 'clean' that I don't notice their existence....

...but some likely consider me tone-deaf anyway....for which I've got some novel Italian hand gestures for....;)

Play on....
Hi...I noted your 4/16 10:36 am post @ ’Weakest Link’ forum. Piqued my curiosity, so I followed the magic links to your site and suite of equipment.....

Unconventional, Yes. Does it make you happy? Also, Yes. *S*

...and I’ll be the last to argue with you about it. ;)

But I did note this re Behringer eq’s, of which I own and apply 2 of the 8024 models. An earlier version which lacks some of the versatility of the 2496. And has proved (for me, anyhow) to be a sturdy workhorse.

One was bought new what seems eons ago for room correction and active eq. The 2nd bought used 2 years ago, mostly for active room monitoring with the calibration mic (bought with the first) and as an ’outlier’ eq. for my own deviant purposes. ;)

They can’t do both at the same time (monitor and active eq), but the 2nd was purchased for under 100$ including the shipping from TX>NC.

One 8024 would allow you to ’fool around’ and stay digital.  And don't forget to buy the mic and a XLR cable (their mic requires the phantom power; don't know if an alternative cal mic will work as well....  
In your environs, a more 'omni' mic may be of better use, but this is just a guess and mho...*shrug*g*

If you’re determined to try a 2496, shop around the pro audio sites...I bought my 1st 8024 from Sweetwater during a sales event.  Don't pay retail...and get free shipping! *L*

Either way, let me know how goes it, if you opt to ’go there’. *G*

Regards, Jerry